Thanks to a partnership with Freestyle Languages, IBEW 520 members will have the opportunity to…
At IBEW Local 520, we stress the importance and value being an informed voter. That is why we work hard to educate our membership on the political candidates that support unions and strengthen our membership. IBEW 520 makes endorsements that follow many months of research.
IBEW 520 is endorsing Mike Siegel for Congress, District 10.
IBEW Local 520 wants strong leaders that can move the economy forward and support labor unions at the same time.
In a recent political ad, Siegel teamed up with IBEW 520 Brother and Organizer, Ryan Pollock to address and support a smart Green New Deal. Check out a recent political ad, here:
Mike Siegel promises to fight to expand the union movement, and support the following:
- Immediately implement the PRO Act which will protect workers who are fired for engaging in union activity, require employers to treat unions in good faith, and generally protect the right to organize
- Repeal the Taft-Hartley Act and end “Right to Work” laws (which are really just “right to work for less”)
- End “at will” employment and require just cause for termination
- Make it easier to join a union by implementing “card check” and enforcing penalties against companies that refuse to negotiate in good faith
- Implement sectoral bargaining
- Protect the right to strike
- Protect pensions
- End exploitation caused by misclassification of workers as “independent contractors”
- Equal Rights Act: equal pay for equal work